All 11 art Reviews

Doodle Mc doodle doodle Doodle Mc doodle doodle

Quite intriguing, the design of the helmet is rather unique. Kinda like a cross between a Spartan helment (halo) and the horned helmet from skyrim.

would love to see a more detailed full body shot of this character

Faith Killer Faith Killer

Nice sculpture

but 3d art it is not. 3d art (on newgrounds anyway) consists of digital imagery that has been entirely made on the computer using software such as 3ds max. Maya. Zbrush and others

when uploading images onto newgrounds note the guide line that clearly states:

"No photographs! We recognize photography as an artistic endeavor, but we have chosen to focus on hand-made works."

(the proof that this is a photograph is right in the picture it's self... the reflection in the top part clearly shows the flash of the camera)

{BT} Huddle {BT} Huddle

ok then

Alright this isn't the best piece of 3d i have ever seen. but im not going to say it's bad nonetheless.. art is what you make of it.
but i will say that this wold have been better if you were using a more refined mesh. say a beveled cube. and as far as the lighting goes. GI lighting and soft ray traced shadows would have given even a piece like this much more definition and depth.
Also perhaps giving the objects a custom material. not the standard gray materiel...
actually on that note maybe if you had the center cube actually emitting GI lights through a material channel?
anyways hope you found this usefull

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

All fair criticisms. Thank you.

Space Bug Forever Space Bug Forever

great use of the udk

i think this is a terrific example of the level of quality that the udk can bring.
I think the powerful specular highlights and subtle reflections really work for the piece as a whole.

the model it's self is quite professionally made and i can see it as an actual game model. Love to see it animated and walking around

great work!

The Beauty of Getting Lost The Beauty of Getting Lost

good stuff

veu has to be one if my favorite programmes, even if it does like crashing more then working. who knew doing something as complex as environments could be so easy with this application.
good pic

Birth in Flames Birth in Flames

Insert generic comment here

I quite like the fire effect in the background, a little too much photoshop filtering for my tastes though, but i think art is what the artist thinks, not what the rest of the world does, if your happy with it then it's perfect!
nice work
by the way, it's nice to see more people using 3ds max!

Sailormoon Sailormoon

AWESOME

that show would have been so much better if this was the actual character!

Church light Church light

brilliant!

very nice work, can't wait to see the animation
the volumetric lighting is a nice touch

Companion Cube Companion Cube

why did i have to incinirate you???

awesome
did i see this on 3dm3 a while back?

MRXII responds:

Thanks!
(Seems like there is a tutorial about it [never heard of the site before], but it's dated Sep 16, 2010. This was submitted as early 10/19/2009.)

Archetype of Life Archetype of Life

very nice

awesome ideology behind this
makes me hate waiting for my uni classes to start even more!